& Operation Manual
You will need Acrobat Reader to view these documents. Click the button to download the free plugin
Features and Benefits
- Impeller: Cast iron, two vane closed design for high efficiency and maximum wear life. Balanced for smooth operation. Optional bronze impeller available.
- Bronze Wear Ring: Replaceable to renew the running clearances and efficiencies to original conditions.
- Casing: Heavy duty cast iron, volute type for maximum efficiency. 4″ 125# ANSI cast iron flanged. Adaptable to guide rail mounting system.
- Tandem Seals: Two independently mounted mechanical face type seals are separated by an oil filled chamber. The oil chamber acts as a barrier to trap moisture and provide time for a planned shutdown and maintenance. The oil provides lubrication to the internal (upper) seal. Carbon rotating and ceramic stationary faces are standard on both internal (upper) and external (lower) seals. Optional materials are available for the lower seals. See the Nomenclature Page for order number changes to order either silicon carbide/silicon carbide faces with Viton or silicon carbide/tungsten carbide faces with Viton elastomers. These are recommended for applications containing fine solids or abrasives as found in parking lot/garage drainage and construction dewatering jobs.
- Moisture Protection System: Two-wire, dual moisture sensing probes are located in the oil filled chamber between the inner and outer seals. When connected to a control panel with an optional Moisture Detection System and an alarm it will detect the presence of moisture should the outer seal fail. It will also detect moisture in the motor chamber and provide a warning prior to water levels reaching the bearing or stator.
- Designed for Continuous Operation: Motor is rated continuous duty submerged condition in water that is 40°C or below. Maximum runtime with pump unsubmerged for 7° – 40 HP is 15 minutes. Motor is suitable for 10 starts per hour.
- Bearings: Ball, single-row, angular contact, Conrad type bearings with a Class 3 internal fit conforming to AFBMA Standard 20 are used. The bearings are greased for life with a premium moisture resistant polyurea thickened grease containing rust inhibitors
and suitable for operation over a range of 25° C to + 120° C.
- Impeller Mounting Screw: 300 series stainless steel with anti-rotational locking patch.
- Castings: All iron castings are ASTM A48 class 30 gray cast iron. Optional bronze impeller is ASTM B584 C87600 silicon bronze.
Specifically designed for the following uses:
- Sewage systems
- Flood and pollution control
- Industrial dewatering
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Municipal and subdivision lift stations